Sunday, March 4, 2012

A Journal From Africa

The incredible life you are about to read is mine, through my journal of stories from my life in Ghana, West Africa starting with a year of service during my sophomore year at the University of Science and Technology in Kumasi in 1982. As destiny would have it, my life's path found its way back to Ghana after twenty-four years.

In finding my way back, I've been accepted as one of the Fante people and I've been blessed with being adopted by the Koufie and Abaidoo families living near Cape Coast, which I now call home.

Some of these stories are scary and others heartbreaking, but most are filled with joy and hope.

The future now holds the promise of returning to Ghana for good, to live the rest of my life with my family there and to be buried in the land I believe my soul came from.

My year of service changed everything about me. I hope that these stories will inspire youth to think beyond the safety and comfort of what is familiar, to take the initiative to go out and see the world, and to be of service to mankind. Please feel welcome to post your thoughts and feelings about my stories - you can do so at the bottom of each page.

3 comments:

  1. sooooo lovely. waiting to follow every post. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to reading your accounts Dennis! And I'm so happy Victor shared Nana Yaw Designs. Amazing beauty in each design. Now to decide on which ones :) Much good luck in all of your endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! This blog is a very personal journey for me. If you need any assistance with my Nana Yaw Designs scarf line at http://nanayawdesigns.com please email me at sales@nanayawdesigns.com

    ReplyDelete